A learning community is definitely beneficial for freshman in college. For our Inquiry and Anthropology a group of freshman we were put into the two class. Back to back the same students attend the two classes every Tuesday and Thursday. Being part of a small learning community gives you a sense of comfort, knowing that those students can relate with the same questions and concerns as you. Its an opportunity to meet new people.
I will miss seeing the same group of students every Tuesday and Thursday. We all got to know each other and all contributed something different to class. I'll miss how we all made each other laugh and how everyone made Inquiry a fun class. I'll also miss how we all took the time to listen to what each other had to say. And how we all could turn to each other for help on questions we had about our different homework assignments. I'll miss all of us dragging our selves to Anthropology class .And how all of us entered the class with random food( in order to eat away our stress.)
We all struggled with Anthropology class and the material was hard to understand. It was always helpful and to hear what each of us understood/ didn't understand about the assignments. And it was comforting to know that all of us were equally lost on an assignment so I didn't have to wonder if I was the only one lost in the translation of anthropology's foreign tongues. Overall the experience of being in a learning community was helpful and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment