Friday, December 16, 2011

Final Self- Assessment


                    

1. What have you learned about yourself as a college student so far? Where are you in your learning process? 

As a college student so far, I have learned that learning to adapt to new things is never easy but always possible. There were a few different things that took some getting used to at the beginning of college. One of those things was time management along with a bigger load of homework. Since theirs a lot more homework in college then there was in high school I had to put a lot more time aside for it. When thinking about my schedule week to week I always had to think about how much time I was going to need for homework each night. I also had to figure out which nights I would need to set aside more time then usually, because I had more homework or if it was on something a bit more difficult. 

2. What have been your biggest challenges so far?

My biggest challenge so far in college has defiantly been the whole time management aspect. I found that at first I was really under estimating the time I was going to need to spend on my homework / studying. I would end up joggling too much between working and homework. I eventually ended up cutting back my work days, because I realized that my school work was going to need more of my time then I thought.


3. How did you react to and/or meet or mishandle those challenges?

At first I was really stressed out. I had so much to do and I just didn’t have enough time to do it. Since I wasn’t use to all of the homework I was getting, I was just doing things how I was used to doing them. I didn’t realize that my schedule was going to need some adjustments so I was in a bit of a panic at first when I had a lot of homework assignments to get done , but didn’t set enough time aside to do them.


4. What have been your biggest achievements so far?

I consider my biggest achievement so far to be getting though my first semester of college and knowing that I worked hard. I glad that I have been able to do my best and that I over came any obstacles I came across.


5. What habits or processes made certain that you were able to earn success in those areas? How have you used the resources available to you in order to ensure your own success? How can you do more of this in the upcoming semester?

One thing that I had to do in order to over come my time management obstacles was to prioritize. I had to learn to put my more important things first. For instance I had to cut down my hours at my pastime job, even though Id be making less money to make sure that I was putting my full concentration toward school.

6. How successful have you been with time management and workload in your courses? What have you put the majority of your time and energy into this semester? What is the result of that?

At the beginning of the semester time management and the workload in my classes was stressful and hard, but after a little while I got used everything and learned how to organize and schedule. Once I was able to figure out how much time I really needed to get certain things done, I was able to complete things without as much stress.

7. What have your grades been like this semester? More importantly perhaps, what are you learning? Are there classes where you are learning a lot or only a little? Why? What can you do to maximize your learning?

My grades were really good this semester. The only class that I didn’t so great in was math because of this online program we had to do, it just didn’t really work well for me. I feel like if it was a normal math class I would have learned a lot more and done a lot better in the class. Now I know for my future math classes not to take ones that are based on the online program.

8. How are you doing in meeting the personal goals you set for yourself at the beginning of the semester? Are you where you had hoped you would be by this point in your college career?

I have defiantly met the personals goals that I have set for myself for this semester. I
learned alot and worked really hard this semester. I’m exactly were I hoped I would be by this point in college.


9. Where do you want to go from here and what do you think you need to do in order to get there? Is there anything you need to change? Is there anything you can improve upon in the upcoming semesters?

From here I would like to go to winter break because I worked really hard this semester and deserve to relax. Then I’ll continue to work hard and do my best once second semester starts.


10. What specific goals would you like to set for yourself next semester and how do you plan to meet those goals?

I just want to do the best I can, and I hope to achieve good grades for my second semester. I plan to meet my goals by being focuses and studying hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment