Monday, September 12, 2011

Blogging about Blogs






If you know what you want, blogging can get it for you. But you need to want something beyond blogging. Use your blog to figure out who you are and what you are good at and who the best people are for you to connect with.
-Penelope Trunk * From “SOTB” 2009. *

  A few works ago if you were to ask me what made a made a blog good, my response probably would have been, one that contains interesting topics. While that that is a good quality a blog should include there are many more aspects that I have recently learned make a blog more interesting. I picked up on theses aspects when I created my own blog and began to read professional blogs and the blogs of other students. 

  Interesting aspects to include in a blog are, having a text font that is easy to read. A blog should have good structure. I find that when a blog is neat and in paragraphs I am more likely to read it, it is easier on the eyes and keeps my interest longer. When pictures are included in a blog it is more likely to grab my attention. It is also intriguing to blog with a video; I feel like it’s more personal and makes you feel like the person is individually talking to you.  Videos may also get your point across better, expressing your tone and emotions. And then there are quotes also intruding in a blog. Sometimes making a good blog is easier said then done. As my blogging continues I hope to successfully include all of those previous aspects in my blogs in order to make them interesting to viewers.  

You can work quite hard, in particular online, and do quite well independently, but if you really want to grow you need points of leverage and most of them come from knowing people.
-Yaro Starak * From an interview with “aussietycoon.com” *

No comments:

Post a Comment