I found the articles assigned by Amanda's group very interesting. I was especially interested by the Critical Evidence reading.Not only did I find this article interesting i also found it educational. The reading focus's on how art contributes to a persons intelligence along other aspects in a persons life.It demonstrates how art contributes in becoming a well rounded person. I was pleased to learn that 93% of people found art to be vital to provide a well rounded education for a child 2005 statistics. I agree that art is beneficial to education, it expands your mind and encourages different ideas. Art involves reaching out of your comfort zone, producing before thinking. A lot of people don't normally do something with out thinking about it. Art is a safe way for a person express themselves and try new thing.. It is very rewarding because your end result is never wrong or bad just different.
Art is a fun way of expression, when incorporated into learning it creates an expressive and active way to learn new things. Your brain is more likely to absorb something your actively engaged in. In the reading it talks about how students who are not successfully completing high school, are often motivated to stay by art. I feel like art was a personal motivation for my in school. When i was in high school I took a few art classes. One year I signed up for a ceramics class, it was hard to get into an earlier class because a lot of students had already singed up for it. So I ended up having to the class eight period, which was the last period of the day. I found that my day went by a lot faster because I would always look forward to completing what ever project I was working on. Basically I really enjoyed the Critical Evidence reading, I liked how it was about something I'm interested in and that I found it informative and relatable.
No comments:
Post a Comment