Monday, November 21, 2011

My Final Video

                                                     
My final video will demonstrate some of the common problems college students face today and some solutions that can be provided by them.In my final video I have two problems I will be focusing on, along with there solutions.

                                    
One problem that is common among incoming freshman is figuring out what living situation is best for them. In my video that is one problem area I will focus on. I plan on interviewing some current freshman who live on campus and off campus who attend different colleges and see how they are adjusting to their living situation. I also plan on interviewing a few seniors at college who have lived on campus and off campus and get their feed back on which living situation they preferred. I plan on including polls ,interviews, and fun skits on this topic

Brainstorming 
 -Take a pole of how many people prefer on campus living and how many prefer off campus
- See if poll statics vary from students who attend different colleges 
-Ask what advice they would give someone who is deciding to live on campus/ off campus
-Ask what main factors contributed to their decision.


                                                 
The second problem area I will focus on is college health. Many college students have a hard to staying healthy in college hense the phrase "freshman 15". I will also make a poll on how many students feel they are living healthy while attending college.I plan on recording students reactions to researched college health statistics. I also will  include health facts, statistics/charts and fun skits

Main Focus :
-How do students maintain a healthy life style, if they do maintain one. If not what factors stop them from living a healthy life style. I will ask students if they are living healthy and what they do in order to stay healthy.
-Is stress affecting students health?
-Are students maintaining healthy diet-I will find out if students think its easier to stay health living off campus or on.
-I will research what resources SCSU ;along with the other colleges the students I interview attend ,offer.
-What are kinds of food are offered?


So here's how it will kind go:
-Title
-Broad Introduction on main topics
-Introduction of first topic
-A few questions on off campus living
-A few interviews/answers on off campus living
-Student quote
-A few questions on , on campus living
-A few interviews/answers on, on campus living
-Student quote
-Poll
-Facts
-Solutions
-Topic/interview recap
-Beginning of second topic
-Introduction of second topic
-A few questions on college health
-A few interviews/answers
- Poll
-Statics/facts
-Students reactions
-Final Questions and interviews/ answers
-Solutions
-Topic/interview recap
- Ending going over  both topics
-Quote
-Credits

1 comment:

  1. Valerie,

    I think either topic could be its own video, but that it's too much to include both topics in one video. My recommendation is to go with the second topic because I think it is more unique -- a few others are already doing living on campus vs. commuting and the second one has more possibility for expansion if you are worried about the video being too short.

    ReplyDelete